Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bluegiga WT12 Breakout Board V0.2

I just got my first ever printed circuit boards back from BatchPCB. Pretty exciting! One of the boards is a Toyota audio system interface, but it needs to have a chip replaced and the pinout is different, so that board is not totally usable. The other board is this breakout board for the Bluegiga WT12 bluetooth module.

Bluegiga WT12 Breakout Board V0.2

This breaks out all the pins so you have complete freedom, and it's still pretty small. I have another version I will probably release that breaks out only the UART pins and is compatible with the BlueSmirf pinout. That one is much smaller.

Bluegiga WT12 Breakout Board V0.2

The WT12 has iWrap4 firmware that is a very simple interface to a variety of common Bluetooth profiles. It's quite affordable; please see my Flickr page and BatchPCB page for more information and ordering.

Bluegiga WT12 Breakout Board V0.2

3 comments:

  1. This is great! Did you ever make a slightly thinner version, or release the UART-only one? That would be very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry I missed you comment earlier. I will post the UART-only one to BatchPCB ASAP and post an update here. Thinner one will take a little more work, but I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UART-only is now available on BatchPCB. It should work as a drop in replacement for some hardware designs built around SparkFun's BlueSmirf or RovingNetworks boards. The major caveat is that my board has no voltage regulator so you can only use it with a 3.3V native system like the Arduino Pro Mini.

    http://batchpcb.com/index.php/Products/57486

    ReplyDelete